Assume your attendees are receiving minimal help from their Connector
- Ideal onboarding occurs when a Connector spends 4-6 weeks helping their new person learn the system, building a relationship with them and helping them meet relevant others in the CC.
- Our experience tells us that (more often than we would like), new members do not receive adequate help from their Connectors.
- Part of your job is to point people in the right direction assuming their Connectors has not done so. If their Connector is doing a brilliant job, you will be able to add great reinforcement!
- When you conduct Workshop-05, your attendees should have completed W-04 (How to find great network-building partners).
- Having attended Workshop-04, your attendees should have a good idea about our processes for connecting with people on LinkedIn, who they are looking to partner with and how much value they will be able to provide to them (by showing them how to build their networks and introducing them to highly relevant others).
- As the Workshop 05 facilitator
- Give a quick overview of the purpose of My Most Trusted
- Recap on the benefit to others when we reach out to them on LinkedIn
- Explain our LinkedIn invitation to connect message
- Explain how Boolean searches work
- Using MMT together with Boolean searches means you don’t need a paid version of LinkedIn – this will save almost the entire cost of their CC subscription
- Explain how to examine LinkedIn profiles and decide which ones they should send a connection request (we call this triaging)
- Explain how to arrange a Discovery Zoom using Calendly (or equivalent) on LinkedIn
- Quickly look at the My Most Trusted Mind Map. This mind map explains how to set up and use MMT.
- It is important that your attendees understand that setting up MMT is not difficult and we expect them to have a go at doing it on their own
- However, if they get stuck, one of the the next workshop (5A) puposes is to help them out!
- Emphasise listening to the Podcast for Workshop-04
- Ask your attendees how they are going with listening to the Podcasts
- By now, they should have learned how to put the Builders menu on the home screen of their phone
- At the start of every workshop, ask your attendees to open their Activity workbook (accessible from the Builders menu) and record any questions, notes etc. from this session
Leave enough time for the Quizzes
- The Quizzes are highly effective as they really help trigger penny-drop moments for key points
Be aware of which workshops you are facilitating and when
- Click Here to see when you are scheduled to present Workshop-05 (My Most Trusted + your searches & messages)
- If you can’t attend at the time you are scheduled to facilityate, find someone to take your place
- It’s a good idea to put an entry in your calendar as a reminder when you are facilitating
- The system should send out an email reminding you the week before you are due to facilitate
The workshop 05 mind map
If you are facilitating this workshop, it’s great to demonstrate to your workshop participants how to access the Workshop grid from the Builders menu and then click Workshop 05.
When you choose Workshop 05 from the Workshop grid, the following will be displayed:
After you have Zoomed out to the max, you will see the 9 topics that make up this workshop, as shown in the following screenshot:
Now Zoom in and press Ctrl-F and T1 and you will be taken to Topic 1 as shown in the following screenshot
Workshop 05 is comprised of the following 9 Topics:
T1 – What is MyMostTrusted?
T2 – Why do we focus so much on LinkedIn?
T3 – How to engage with others who have already connected with you on LinkedIn
T4 – Your invitation to connect message (reaching out to your 2nd-level connections)
T5 – What are LinkedIn Boolean Searches?
T6 – How to triage your filtered list
T7 – How to enter Filters on LinkedIn
T8 – Arrange a Discovery Zoom
T9 – Your Homework (learn how to install and use MyMostTrusted)
There is quite a bit to cover and we encourage interactive questions and discussion.
However, it is important to cover all the topics in this workshop and leave time to do the Quiz at the end.
This means you will need to control questions fairly well.
There is no way you can cover all the content in-depth. However, be sure to cover everything and emphasise the importance of some aspects that they may otherwise overlook.
However, it is vital to take your participants through the Quiz at the end.
Also, you can’t over-emphasise the importance of the Podcast that comes with this workshop – it’s a really easy way for the participants to work through the content (ask your participants if they have downloaded the Builders Menu to their phone – if not show them how).