Key points for facilitators
- Assume your attendees are receiving minimal help from their Connector
- Ideal onboarding occurs when a Connector spends 4-6 weeks helping their new person learn the system, building a relationship with them and helping them meet relevant others in the CC.
- Our experience tells us that (more often than we would like), new members do not receive adequate help from their Connectors.
- Part of your job is to point people in the right direction assuming their Connectors has not done so. If their Connector is doing a brilliant job, you will be able to add great reinforcement!
- When you conduct Workshop-04, your attendees should have completed W-03 (Who do you know).
- Having attended Workshop-03, you attendees should have a good idea about how to invite and follow-up people they already know to a CC-Experience.
- In Workshop 04
- You will be helping attendees gain an overview of the activity cycle they should be consistently engaging in to build their network.
- In particular
- The strength of weak ties (more results come from those you know less well)
- When they engage with new people on LinkedIn, they are potentially committing to invest time with like-minded others
- As such, they are doing those people a BIG favour
- They are not looking for customers or hoping the CC will look after the people they introduce
- They are going to invest time building a relationship with them and making facilitated introductions to highly relevant others
- They only need a few who will duplicate the process to have an exponentially growing team of team building advocates
- Touch on how Boolean searches can be used to find like-minded others on LinkedIn (later workshops will give them a lot more help with Boolean searches)
- How to make a tweak to their LinkedIn profile so that others will be more likely to accept their invitation to meet on Zoom
- Clarify the questions to ask during their Discovery Zoom (they are not trying to talk their person into attending a CC-Experience – but first, they should discover how they feel about building their network – do they want to partner with them?)
- Encourage them to use the resources we have on how to have a better Discovery call
- How to follow-up after attending a CC-Experience (critical to book a follow-up time at the same time they book them in for the experience)
- The 5 Golden questions that they answer on the questionnaire they fill in during the CC-Experience
- Emphasise listening to the Podcast for Workshop-04
- Ask your attendees how they are going with listening to the Podcasts
- By now, they should have learned how to put the Builders menu on the home screen of their phone
- At the start of every workshop, ask your attendees to open their Activity workbook (accessible from the Builders menu) and record any questions, notes etc. from this session
- Leave enough time for the Quizzes
- The Quizzes are highly effective as they really help trigger penny-drop moments for key points
- Emphasise the benefits they will receive from doing their homework
- The message is: you never have to recover from a good start – it’s worth prioritising the effort so that you understand everything else that’s coming
- Homework: Re-Listen to the Podcast for this Workshop (W04)
- Homework: Revisit the mind map for this workshop (accessible the Workshop grid in the Builders menu) ask your Connector questions if you are unclear on anything
- Homework: Prepare for the next (W-05 My Most Trusted, Searching and Messaging) by listening to the Podcast for W-05
- Be aware of what workshops you are facilitating and when
- Click Here to see when you are scheduled to present Workshop-04 (How to find great network-building partners)
- If you can’t attend at this time, find someone to take your place
- Put an entry in your calendar as a reminder when you are facilitating
- The system should send out an email reminding you the week before you are due to facilitate
Detailed Notes for Workshop-04
If you are facilitating this workshop, it’s great to demonstrate to your workshop participants how to access the Workshop grid from the Builders menu and then click Workshop 04.
When you choose Workshop 04 from the Workshop grid, the following will be displayed:
Even though your participants may have already been shown how to access the mind map that explains how to use the mind map in Workshop 1, it may be good to ask them if they would like you to touch on it again!
It’s easy to operate the mind map. However, it is very important to everyone know how to do it and where they can go in case they forget!
All the content contained in all the Workshops is available as Podcast episodes.
We want to do all we can to encourage members to listen to the Workshop podcasts on their phones.
After you have Zoomed out to the max, you will see the 5 topics that make up this workshop, as shown in the following screenshot:
Now click and drag (anywhere on the canvas) until you have moved to Topic 1 (T1) and then Zoom in by repeatedly pressing CTRL-plus (or Right-Click and move the magnifying glass symbol upwards).
A screen similar to the following will then be displayed:
Workshop 04 is comprised of the following 6 Topics:
Topic 1 – What’s the process?
Topic 2 – Align your LinkedIn profile
Topic 3 – Your Discovery Zoom
Topic 4 – Book your guests into a CC Intro session
Topic 5 – Follow up with your guests after they have attended an intro session
Topic 6 – Book your first onboarding session
There is quite a bit to cover and we encourage interactive questions and discussion.
However, it is important to cover all the topics in this workshop and leave time to do the Quiz at the end.
Each topic has a symbol like the one shown in the following screenshot:
This means you will need to control questions fairly well.
As the facilitator of workshop 4, your job is to show the participants what is available and strongly encourage them to go through it all as part of their “homework”.
There is no way you can cover all the content in-depth. However, be sure to cover everything and emphasise the importance of some aspects that they may otherwise overlook.
However, it is vital to take your participants through the Quiz at the end.
Also, you can’t over-emphasise the importance of the Podcast that comes with this workshop – it’s a really easy way for the participants to work through the content (ask your participants if they have downloaded the Builders Menu to their phone – if not show them how).