Click Here for Advance Hints & tips
Key points for facilitators
- Assume your attendees are receiving minimal help from their Connector
- Ideal onboarding occurs when a Connector spends 4-6 weeks helping their new person learn the system, building a relationship with them and helping them meet relevant others in the CC.
- Our experience tells us that (more often than we would like), new members do not receive adequate help from their Connectors.
- Part of your job is to point people in the right direction assuming their Connectors has not done so. If their Connector is doing a brilliant job, you will be able to add great reinforcement!
- Make sure you
- Emphasise listening to the Podcast for Workshop-01
- Have a goal to have everyone attending your session download the Builders Menu to the home screen of their mobile phone during your session so they can easily listen to the Podcasts (it’s easy when you follow the directions)
- Ask your attendees to open their Activity workbook (accessible from the Builders menu) and record any questions, notes etc. from your session
- Note: many people may not yet have created an Activity Workbook – let them know that should be part of their onboarding process
- Leave enough time for the Quiz
- The Quiz is highly effective as it really helps trigger penny-drop moments for key points
- Emphasise the benefits they will receive from doing their homework
- The message is: you never have to recover from a good start – it’s worth prioritising the effort so that you understand everything else that’s coming
- Homework: Listen to the Podcast for Workshop-01
- Homework: Revisit this workshop (accessible the Workshop grid in the Builders menu) ask your Connector questions if you are unclear on anything
- Homework: Prepare for Workshop-02 (Why build your network – Why go Core-5) by listening to the Podcast for W-02
- Know when you are facilitating
- Click Here to see when you are scheduled to present Workshop-01 (Select your name from the drop-down in cell A1)
- If you can’t attend at this time, find someone to take your place
- Then Click Here to swap places with them
- Mark yourself as unavailable (Click Here)
- Put an entry in your calendar as a reminder when you are facilitating
- The system should send out an email reminding you the week before you are due to facilitate
Detailed Notes for Workshop-01
If you are facilitating this workshop, it’s great to demonstrate to your workshop participants how to access the Workshop grid from the Builders menu and then click Workshop 01.
When you choose Workshop 01 from the Workshop grid, the following will be displayed:
The first thing to show your workshop participants is the mind map that explains how to use the mind map!
This will take you to the following
It’s easy to operate the mind map. However, it is very important to everyone know how to do it and where they can go in case they forget!
All the content contained in all the Workshops is available as Podcast episodes.
We want to do all we can to encourage members to listen to the Workshop podcasts on their phones.
It is very easy to save the Builders menu on the Home screen of a phone. From there they can quickly access the Workshop Podcasts. And these Podcasts look and work stunningly well on a mobile phone.
How to save the builders menu to the home screen of a phone is explained in the above mind map (move the canvas to the right – the explanation is on the left). It looks like this:
Ok, now go back to the mind map for workshop 01.
After you have Zoomed out to the max, you will see the 9 topics that make up this workshop, as shown in the following screenshot:
Now click and drag (anywhere on the canvas) until you have moved to Topic 1 (T1) and then Zoom in by repeatedly pressing CTRL-plus (or Right-Click and move the magnifying glass symbol upwards).
A screen similar to the following will then be displayed:
Workshop 1 is comprised of the following 9 Topics:
Topic 1 – Useful Tips
Topic 2 – Why build your network?
Topic 3 – What’s the primary purpose of the CC?
Topic 4 – Row with both oars
Topic 5 – Why do we focus so much on LinkedIn?
Topic 6 – Common questions
Topic 7 – Results often come in unexpected ways
Topic 8 – The Builders menu
Topic 9 – Prepare for Workshop 02
There is quite a bit to cover so as the facilitator, you will need to whip around the mind map fairly quickly – especially as you want to leave time for the Quiz at the end. This means you will need to control questions fairly well.
As the facilitator of workshop 1, your job is to show the participants what is available and strongly encourage them to go through it all as part of their “homework”. There is no way you can cover all the content in-depth. However, be sure to cover everything and emphasise the importance of some aspects that they may otherwise overlook.
In that regard, you can’t over-emphasise the importance of the Podcast that comes with this workshop – it’s a really easy way for the participants to work through the content (show them how to download the Builders Menu to their phone)