Network Building: less than $5000 over 3 years (see below)
Your Time Investment
MBA: 30-40 hours per week?
Network Building: less than 10 hours per week
Return on Investment
- You are recognised by potential employers when you have the piece of paper.
- How many others have an MBA that you are now competing with you for positions?
- What is the potential additional income attributable to having the qualification?
- 200+ (see below) KLT relationships with others actively engaged in Network Building
- You advocate for many others; they advocate for you
- You have facilitated many connections which have resulted in business or career advancement for many others
- Such people are promoting you because you have earned their trust through the value you have facilitated for them
- You have benefited from transactions completed during the 3 year period
- You have learned valuable things by interacting with others
- You have become aware of many interesting opportunities
- You have seen many startups which have given you ideas about what you might do
- You have created the network asset which can be applied to any endeavour you choose
- You have learned about potential options for secondarily monetising the network you have built.
What is the size of your asset after 3 years?
End of Year 1:
- You have found 5 Network Building Partners
- In total you now have 6 active network builders (including yourself)
End of Year 2:
- You have found another 5 Network Building Partners
- And each of your 5 partners have also found 5 partners (i.e. they have Duplicated)
- In total you now have 36 active network builders
End of Year 3:
- 12 months later, these 36 have duplicated to 216 active network builders
Note: The above figures assume a 90%+ attrition rate.
For example in year 1 it is assumed that you would bring 5+ (the goal is 10+) well-screened network builder candidates to the Hub every month (60 per year) and that of these only 5 will consistently engage in network building (less than 10%).