Typically, you become registered as a new member of the Connect Collaborative with your ‘Connector’ guiding you through the process over a Zoom call.
Once that has happened, it’s important to quickly review the following instructions describing the steps you took (while it is fresh in your mind).
Just going through these steps will make it easy to remember where to go when you are onboarding your first team member!
- Go through the registration process with the ‘Connector’ helping onboard you – this is typically done over a Zoom call so they can help guide you through the registration screens
- Usually, the person who introduced you to the CC will also be your ‘Connector’ and will help you through the initial registration and onboarding process
- It’s best to allocate about 45 minutes on a Zoom call to complete the first onboarding steps
- Become familiar with the following instructions
- It’s really quite a simple straight-forward process
- However, it’s good to have it all clear in your head before you onboard your first person
- Have this page open so that you refer to it during your Zoom call if you need to
Prepare the person you are registering
- Do they use the Chrome web browser?
- If not, they’ll need to download it
- Have the used Zoom before?
- Send them a calendar invite with a Zoom link
The next step is very important and will save you a lot of heartaches!
- When you can see they are in their Chrome web browser, using the method described below find out the email address with which they are currently logged into Chrome
- Make a note of the email address with which they are loogged into Chrome
Here’s how you can find the email address they are logged into Chrome with
Step 1. Install the My Most Trusted Chrome Extension
Ensure they are logged into LinkedIn and have MMT installed so that default data can be imported from LinkedIn.
Click Here for instructions on how to install and activate the CC version of the MMT extension
Important: Remember to Activate the CC version of MMT as described in the above link. Otherwise, you won’t have the CC version!
Now ask the person you are registering to go to www.connectcollaborative.NET
A screen similar to the following will be displayed
After they click ‘Join Now’
A screen similar to the following will appear.
When they click ‘Select’ and the following screen will be displayed
Notes on the registration screen (shown above)
The fields denoted with an asterisk (*) must be entered. Fields not marked with an asterisk can be filled in later.
This can be anything but we prefer “First Name Last Name”
This is their usual email address.
However, this may not be the email address they used to log into the Chrome web browser with
If not they will need to enter their Google email address in the next field (Google E-mail Address)
Mobile Phone Number
This is requires so that we can send SMS updates about the weekly workshop.
It also allows other collaborators to get in touch with them
Credit Card Information
Explain to the person you are onboarding
- Their card information is not stored anywhere in our system
- If asked, explain that in the first instance all details on this form are collected by a plugin called PaidmembershipsPro (which has an exceptionally good reputation) and then passed to the Stripe payment gateway. Stripe is well known to many in business as being one of the most secure payment gateways. Stripe is fully PCI compliant.
- Their credit card will not be immediately charged and after that, it is charged the monthly subscription fee (which can be easily cancelled at any time).
- Initially, this is similar to checking into a hotel which requires entry of your credit card. even though there is no immediate charge.
Terms & Conditions
Remember to get them to tick agreement to the terms and conditions
After selecting “Submit and Checkout”
If there are any errors they will be displayed and you will be given the chance to fix them
If it’s all good, a screen showing their invoice will appear.
The Builders Menu
Show your new member the Builders menu which is now available to them – see the following screenshot
When they click the above option, a screen similar to the following will then be displayed:
The Builders menu is the gateway to a massive amount of content.
However, ideally, you want to also help your new member create an Activity sheet during this session.
So, just point out a few of the things that are highlighted above.
- Cancel your membership (makes everyone feel safe)
- Start here – Progressive Learning (you’ll be working through this mind map with them weekly over the next 4-6 weeks)
- Workshops – they should attend as many as they can and follow the mind map accessible from this menu option
- Meet Fellow Collaborators – this takes them to a screen where they can see all current members of the CC (including themselves)
- They should start listening to the Podcasts ASAP. Start with Progressive Learning (so they are ready for your sessions) then Workshop then Classics