Working on our attitudes, people skills, ability to communication influence and lead has become more important than ever.
Today many people have qualifications and experience – what helps us stand out from the crowd?
The following quote from the World Economic Forum on the Skills required in 2020 compared with those need in 2015 is very enlightening.
Similarly, active listening, considered a core skill today, will disappear completely from the top 10.
Emotional intelligence, which doesn’t feature in the top 10 today, will become one of the top skills needed by all.
One of the best things we can all do to remain relevant (and develop emotional intelligence) is to form the habit of Daily Listening.
- There are hundreds of great audios and videos on this site
- Soundcloud makes it very easy to listen to these great talks (on public transport, in the car and so on)
- Why not commit to giving it a go?
- There is a very good chance that you will get great insights that will help you master problems and get ahead
- Time management and multiplying your time are just 2 examples where most people have life-changing penny-drop moments as they listen
- Change is speeding up – we need to be constantly listening to keep up!