Research is increasingly showing the “EI” is one of the biggest factors in achieving your desired results.
Emotional Intelligence is a very broad and important subject which we delve into more depth with Coaches via “Coaches Corner”.
Here we are just scratching the surface with a few important points.
The 95% Rule
When 95% of what you do seems to be a waste of time it is difficult to remain positive and expectant that the 5% is more than enough.
Logically it makes sense that you only need 5% to duplicate to produce an incredible result in just a few short years.
It’s easy to do the maths but it’s tough to endure the 95% while
- Maintaining a positive attitude
- Expecting the best
- Staying excited and motivated
- Remaining consistent
It’s easy to:
- Have doubts
- Become frustrated with people – why don’t they – they should
- Become impatient
- Compare yourself with others
- Project negative vibes which people don’t want to be around you – far less follow you
- Have a martyr complex
- Believe you can grow and that success is dependant on factors beyond your control
The starting point is to:
- Recognise that mastering and harnessing your emotions is a major factor in achieving the results you are looking for
- Be absolute determined to NOT give up too easily – as you know things go a lot better when you have a large Know Like & Trust network
- There are so many examples of fellow collaborators who initially suffered very bad results but kept persisting
- Some of these are now the most successful network builders we know
- They persisted with the result that their biggest weaknesses become their greatest strengths
- With the right attitude, everyone can do this
- The key is to keep going, listen to the “good” news stories and be determined to be part of them
And Most Importantly
Develop a habit of listening (or viewing if you have time) lots of talks that will help you to gain “light bulb” moments and inspire you to improve and persist.
You should already have listened to many of the talks that have been suggested and realise what difference makers they are!
In the next section of the Syllabus, we cover Soundcloud as a way of making it easy to have a directed daily listening habit.
For the moment, here are some great talks to help you understand the importance of emotions in achieving success