What do you want to become known for?
What type of articles and posts do you want to share with all your first level connections?
Some people adopt a “sensationalist” approach to posts and articles to attract attention
However, what happens when someone does look at your profile – do you appear to be the sort of person they would want to connect with – someone who may be able to help them?
- Writing or sharing material that attracts attention and also
- Adds value or penny drop-moments
- If people like what you write about they will connect
- Think about people who have a strong online presence – people like Seth Godin, Simon Sinek, Gary V……
- If you are attracted to the idea of writing, consider:
- Subscribing to blogs that interest you
- Using a tool such as Evernote to easily clip material you come across and store it in “Notes” and “Notebooks” for later reference
- Consider tools such as Buffer which make it easy to schedule publishing posts that you write in a block of time
- If you are not attracted to the idea of writing, start by sharing the posts and articles of others that you admire
Pick topics you are interested in