The people you choose to coach on the NBS will have
- Varying levels of Contribution, Commitment & Motivation
- Varying goals
- Different strengths and weakness
- Different personality styles
- Varying paradigms
- Varying ways of learning
- Varying ability to put themselves in the shoes of the other person
- Varying self-belief
- Varying circumstances and views on how much those circumstances limit them
- Varying attitudes and ‘emotional intelligence’
- Varying rates of progression
Welcome to life!
Our process is simple but people are complex!
Setting the Example
- It has been said that being the example is not the main thing – it’s the only thing!
- As a coach, it is great to be setting the example and showing it is not difficult to bring 2 people per week to the Hub with a small consistent amount of “fingers to keyboard”
- This means you will have plenty of potential people to coach.
- Especially as some of these will want you to initially coach the people they bring.
- As a result, you don’t ‘need’ anyone to build a large network of network builders
- You can choose how much time you invest with each person
- Focus on creating momentum rather than solving problems!
Bringing out the best in those you are coaching
- People love to be coached by someone who inspires and encourages them
- Where possible praise rather than perfect
- Expect the people you are coaching to do well
- If they are doing what it takes, become invested in their success
- Know when to pat and when to push
- Know your recorded talks – sending someone the right talk at the right time can save you a lot of time
- Decide to get good at it (like anything, you can)
- We are continually adding resources that can help you develop your people skills, leadership ability, etc.
- Always seek the advice of your coach and others you respect